I have a few questions:
- Was anyone else as impressed with Phillipa's dress as I was? I knew we were in for a treat with the bridal gown when the maid of honor's dress was so captivating.
- Do you pronounce Phillipa without the l's or was I missing them amongst the English accents of the commentators?
- When Kate's brother arrived with her mother was it completely necessary for the American press to bring up his tranny stint recently caught on film?
- I know that Sarah and Andrew are divorced, but if the couple chose to invite the Beckhams and Elton John, don't you think Sarah could have been invited too?
- Did you notice that all TV channels were streaming the same footage? I know that security must have been a nightmare to oversee, but did the English have control over what those of us offsite were seeing? Where was the drama? Or was it really that well rehearsed and overseen that it really did go off without a hitch?
- What is it about royal weddings and horse races that bring out the hats?
- I can't help but feel sorry for how exhausted Kate's going to be at the end of the day! She'll have 3 marriage ceremonies - the one we got to watch, the formal royal wedding, and the more intimate one (probably the most similar to what we're used to) later this evening. She also has 2 receptions today. Did you see the food that's been prepared?! You should check this out... Can you believe the menu just for the lunchtime reception? How do you make "Mini Yorkshire puddings?" Those look great! (But that may be because I've got a thing for horseradish.) Do you think I can use my Pampered Chef mini muffin tin?
- I had two favorite quotes:
Arrived a commoner and left a princess. Source: I'm sure Meredith or Ann or Camilla said this, but I'll attribute it to my girl, Tisha.
This one is all Matt Lauer. It was during the recessional, and he was talking about the Archbishop of Canterbury's voice. That man has some pipes! I'd love to hear him say: This is Today...
I went back to sleep around 5:00 so I had to watch the kiss after the fact. I'm a little disappointed. I'd hoped that we'd see a momentary lapse in William's stoicism and be treated to some royal PDA as he lunged her into a sweeping kiss that would rally the onlookers. Come on.Where's the royal passion?! You're a prince for goodness sake! Romantics around the world are already suspicious that there's a problem!