September 26, 2007

I Spy With My Little Eye...

Griff and I were heading out the door this morning to go to daycare, and he asked if Grandpa Hill had seen what he sees along the way. Grandpa Hill doesn't see what we do since he's across the pond in England. So, Griff and I took a couple of photos.

The route we take crosses 9800 South at 4000 West. 9800 South is also known as "Shields Lane". It's named after George Shields, who is my great, great, great, great-grandfather. He was one of the original settlers of South Jordan, Utah.



First thing I see is Griff in my rear view mirror. This morning he and Kenny Chesney were singing about being on the coast of somewhere beautiful. The shadow's blocking his mouth, but he really does get into it. Most of the time he carries the tune and gets the words right. Pretty impressive for a 3 year old.


The next thing we see is the construction site for the Oquirrh Mountain LDS Temple. It's amazing how quickly this is going up. When it's done, we'll get to drive straight down 4000 West directly into the parking lot. We're so excited!


We don't really drive this close to the temple on the way to Mindy's, but I wanted to get a photo of the construction up close.

As we head East on 10600 South, we cross Bangerter Highway and then the construction site for a brand spanking new Costco. I was so excited the day that they put up the Costco sign! I drove by just as they were raising it and had to call Jon to tell him. I'm doing pretty good right now not spending $ at Costco because it's far enough away that I really have to need something to face the drive and the crowds. I'm looking forward to having a Costco this close so that I can run in for bread, milk, churros, pizza, and ice cream bars! I suppose now would be a good time to start padding the budget.


The last thing we see before we turn into Mindy's neighborhood are these fine fellas. Pretty cool, huh? This morning we stopped to get these photos, and they were bugling like crazy. Some of the younger guys were fighting over who go to stand closer to the hay piles. It was pretty awesome. These are domestic elk, but there are some seriously large racks in this pen. Did you notice the buffalo in the background?


That's a day in our drive to Mindy's. Kind of fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...