March 25, 2008

Griffin's 4!!!

OK - So I'm the mom of the year. Griff turned 4 last week, and I didn't take a single photo of him on his big day. Dang!

Got a couple of his cake, which I think turned out very cool for getting thrown together at the last minute. Evan and I tried to design flames using Skittles. I'll let you decide how successful we were...

Griff really did have a good birthday. We'd gone to Leatherby's with the Hill cousins/aunts/uncles earlier in the week to celebrate all of the March birthdays - mine included 8^). He had a birthday party/Easter shindig at daycare. AND we had a small gathering with a couple of his guys (Thank you Samuel and Josh Tipton for heading over at the last minute--apologies for not capturing you on film either) for cake, ice cream, and some Power Ranger action.

The first thing Griff said when he woke up on his birthday was, "Just think how big I'll be when I'm 7!" Huh?

We measured Griff and got him on the wall right on time this year! Notice how big he is (I drew in black arrows at his 3rd & 4th bday measurements). Carson was trumped by Evan a long time ago, but Griff's got them both! Yikes.













I took a couple of photos of the boys on Easter, which was only 4 days after Griff's birthday. I'm always on the lookout for photos of my handsome guys, and this year was no disappointment. I suppose the thing that isn't captured here is how painful it was for Evan to even wear clothes. He's my "no shirt, no shoes, no problem" child, and with the weather as nice as it's been, we're having huge issues keeping him covered! It's not even in the 70s yet so I think this summer is going to be a real challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with the cake. In my opinion any mom who makes her kid's birthday cakes automatically qualifies for mom of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...