This year's trip to Moon Lake had some definite highs and lows. Lows:
- - Rain (all day Wednesday, most of Thursday, and again Saturday while packing up)
- - Cold (one rainy night & day followed by night time clear sky does not make for warm temperatures)
- - Bathrooms had been torn down for improved facilities, which weren't constructed yet. Portapotties were not one of the better parts of the trip.
- - Family (35 of us including 2 nieces who flew in from San Antonio specifically to go to Moon Lake)
- - Friends (Mary, Josh & Julia Tipton and Debbie & Gary Davis all came along) - Yep - that made our group 40 in total. Funny thing about this photo of Jules - I honestly don't remember her being this happy during the rain storms. This little girl has a set of lungs on her that she is not afraid to use - during any of the 24 hours in a calendar day
- - Being completely disconnected from my phone and computer
- - Spending an extra day (went up a day earlier than usual)
- - One on one time with all 4 of my guys. Every. Single. Day. (Including a boat ride that was just me & Jon - I think Jon would have succeeded at making me a member of the Across-the-Lake club [;-)] if another storm wasn't blowing in.
- - Playing mafia with nieces/nephews every night
- - Smores - even though I apparently made quite the spectacle of myself on night #2 trying to get my mallow over the fire because the mallows disappeared on night #1 before I got to roast one.