January 08, 2010

It's a Love/Hate Thing

Last night I was cooking dinner. The menu included Colosimo's sausage and mashed potatoes for most of us and something reminiscent of school lunch for two of the boys. Tell me if you ever had this - I used to love it!


It's a hotdog cut down the middle length-wise. Topped with two scoops of mashed potats and a slice or two of cheddar cheese. Stick it a hot oven to melt the cheese, drizzle that baby with ketchup, and there you have some kid-pleasing goodness. I was thrilled to watch these things disappear - especially into my most picky's pie hole...


Anyway - while grilling the sausage, I was using my beloved silicone alligator mouth hot pad (not as cute as the one on the left, but you get the idea). I grabbed the lid with my left hand, and that bugger rotated so that the flat part of the handle lined up with the flat part of the hot pad. Obviously this isn't me & my fam, but do you see the lid of the pan in the lower left corner? It's a little different than my 1993 variety pots, but work with me. (BTW - It appears that Calphalon has redesigned their lid handles - my story is an excellent example of why this was necessary!) So - the edge of the rotated lid caught underneath my watch band. I panicked for a bit, let go of the hotpad and ran for the sink. Do you see where this is going? It took me a bit to get my watch off, and I have a feeling that the heat had transferred to my jewelry and continued its damage.

I've now got a quarter-sized white, charred, blistered area on my wrist. I'm allergic to the adhesive on bandages, so I've got it covered with gauze pads and that first aid tape that sticks together without the sticky. It's a lovely wristband look I'll be sporting for the next few days. Perhaps I'll see if I can find some colored tapes... Won't be wearing a watch for a while - that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. My mom used to make these! I loved them. Did I ever send you your mom's Chinese Noodle Casserole recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...