January 23, 2008

Shock Through the Heart

I found my old Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet CD the other day and had it playing a bit loud in the Yukon when I picked Griff up from daycare. When he likes a particular song, he uses his lovely 3-year-old temper and demands that you play it over and over and over and over and over and over (get the picture?) It's just easier to beat him to the punch and start the thing over before the final guitar riff has faded.

We listened to "Shock through my heart" (This is what Griff was calling it) from Mindy's house to the grocery store and then to the pharmacy and to the library. Finally, we listened to it on the drive to our house. As soon as Griff was in the house he was yelling that Evan needed to hear this "Heart Shock" song. Evan got it out and put it on his CD player. I haven't seen the CD since. Evan is quiet most of the time, but of my 3 boys, he's my rock star. (Check out the photo of him & me in the sledding photos a few posts down)

That was a few weeks ago. Today I walked in from work. Carson had left for scouts, so Ev had been home alone for about 15 minutes. I found Evan standing on the bathroom counter watching himself play air guitar in the mirror and hand gesturing "ROCK ON". The music was so loud that he didn't see me standing there. I suppose all he was missing was the long, ratted 80's band hair.

Now - because I know you want this song stuck in your head just like it's stuck in mine... I'd load the mp3 on the blog if I could, but I can't quite figure that out. Perhaps tomorrow there'll be another self-concert that I can catch on video on the sly...

You Give Love A Bad Name

J. Bon Jovi, R. Sambora, D. Child
An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free

You're a loaded gun
There's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name
You give love a bad name

You paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips
A school boy's dream, you act so shy
Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye

You're a loaded gun
There's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

Shot through the heart and you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name

Now that I think about it, it may be time to share some Hysteria and Pyromania. I just won't be able to show him the album covers since he's also the most sensitive of the 3 boys, and he may find them a little disturbing to his 7-yr-old mind. It's gonna be a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...