February 26, 2011

Muted Nostalgia

I'm linking again even though I wrote this post a few days ago...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Last night Evan's science fair project was selected as one of the top projects in Jordan School District. He's kind of cracking me up about the whole thing. He's played it really cool, but I found out he slept with his blue ribbon last night. Sorry boy - it was something that had to be shared...

He really is excited, but he's driving me crazy! Everytime he's been asked to do something this morning, he has replied,
But I won the science fair!
Like that's reason to be king for a day or something. I had to escape his highness so I retreated to my sewing room. I have a few UFO's and felt the need to wrap something up. Success!

I quilted and bound a small topper (calling it Muted Nostalgia). I also 3/4 completed quilting a twin topper, but I ran out of thread and must stop by the LQS or fabric store when I venture out today.







And here she is in her new abode:







I love this little guy. I found him on Etsy. He's a little felted gnome. He fits right in to this incomplete cloche scene. It's missing something, but I just can't figure out what else to add. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Love the Muted Nostalgia! Looks so neat and professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that topper! So simple but yet such a great design. Nice job.

    Thanks for linking up, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...