January 24, 2011

Stubbornly Running in Circles

I’m trying to be good about limiting spending, but I really needed a new office chair. I found one at a consignment store this weekend for $24! It seemed fine except for the broken bulbous part of the chair elevating mechanism. The mechanism works just fine - the bulb on the end is just gone. 

I bought it.

Jon took one look at it and said he didn’t think it was any better than my other chair – except that it has arms. Of course that made me stand my guns and defend my thrifted chair. Dang stubborn self.

Here’s the thing – it pings (like a spring threatening to really spring) whenever I move. The left arm won’t raise as high as the right (by about half an inch – I just measured), and the back tips to the right. The seat is much more comfortable than the old chair, and the back is very much more supportive when I tip it back to the upright position (which it stays in until I get out of the chair).

So – here I sit in my forlorn chair in a conundrum. I called the store and they don’t do returns, but I'm welcome to bring it back and sell it on consignment… Hmm.

1 comment:

  1. You could have my old office chair. It's in pretty good shape, but it doesn't have arms.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...